FREE EVENT 8th March 2018, 4pm to 7pm
The Growth Hub, University of Gloucestershire
Oxstalls Campus, Longlevens, Gloucester
- Want to find career paths into Engineering, Manufacturing or Cyber?
- University or Apprenticeship which is best?
- Find out about student finance & funding!
Our Apprenticeships & Careers Show brings young people and the public face-to-face with local engineering, manufacturing and cyber companies to talk about careers and work opportunities.
This year’s show, aimed at students aged 14+, will be held at The Growth Hub, University of Gloucestershire Oxstalls Campus and companies from all over Gloucestershire (and close neighbours) will be there, celebrating the Year of Engineering and helping YOU to discover a career in engineering and science.
We have over 40 exhibitors and 5 workshops ready to help you start on your career path.
UK manufacturing and engineering are growing (turnover is up 9% since 2008) and the growth is forecast to continue. But to do this, we’re going to need to recruit 182,000 people with engineering skills every year until 2022, including
- 107,000 at level 4+ (degree or equivalent) that’s 30% more than currently
- 56,000 per year at level 3 (Advanced Apprenticeships) more than double the current intake
- Overall, we need 50% more engineers than we currently have
So there are great job prospects for people with manufacturing and engineering skills and the Apprenticeship and Careers Show covers everything from subject choices at school, further education choices, work experience and apprenticeships, plus the grants and financial help available.
It costs just £150 to exhibit at the Apprenticeship and Careers Show which is great value for companies hoping to meet possible future apprentices and connect with other local companies.
Click here to become an exhibitor: https://www.festomane.co.uk/become-an-exhibitor/