- Job Reference – GE11461b
No. of Openings – 6
Job Type – Permanent Full-Time
This structured Higher Apprenticeship will give successful candidates the opportunity to study for a qualification whilst working on exciting and challenging work placements.
What will I do?
You will attend the software apprentice training programme where you will be trained by colleagues who are experts in their fields.
The training is designed to allow you to continually build on the skills that are being taught. This ranges from core programming skills, general software design techniques (such as object-oriented programming and design methodologies), to project management, business analysis and formalised software development processes, such as Agile processes. You will also then go into placement rotations within Renishaw product software development groups to advance your skills on the job.
Continued placement rotations within software development groups throughout Renishaw, which allow you to work on real projects and products.
At the end of the second year you will specialise in a specific field within the company.
You will be based at our Charfield site, close to Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire. During the apprenticeship you may be required to work at other Gloucestershire sites, our Stone site in Staffordshire or our Miskin plant near Cardiff, South Wales.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will study towards a Level 4 Software Development apprenticeship with QA Apprenticeships in Bristol. This is done through classroom training and online distance learning. You will specialise in the Microsoft C# programming language and undertake 6 modules in this chosen field. Through the apprenticeship and work placements, you will gain skills and knowledge in advanced programming, software languages and systems development.
What are the entry requirements?
• Either three A levels at grades C and above with at least one in either Maths or Physics, and a second in a Computer Science related subject;
• OR a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at DDD, in a Computer Science related subject
• Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate practical exposure to programming
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A genuine interest in Software Development as a subject for study and a career.
• A full UK driving licence as travel to other sites and university will be needed.
1. Apply online with a covering letter and CV – the deadline for applications is Friday 1st March 2019.
2. Interview and assessment day– if you are selected you will be invited to attend a full day at Renishaw’s New Mills site. You will have an interview, individual assessments, a team exercise and site tour, along with the opportunity to talk to some apprentices currently in the scheme. This will be held in late-March/early-April 2019.
3. Offers will be made in April 2019.
Please note you must have the right to live and work in the UK/EU to apply.