We are looking for an Engineering Apprentice to join our busy team, learning all aspects of working in an office environment whilst studying towards your Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations. You will be working towards your Level 2 Engineering apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
- Producing specifications for the design, development, manufacture and installation of new or modified mechanical components or systems.
- Producing components for assembly using appropriate tools, different materials and inspection techniques to achieve the required tolerances and conform to specifications, whilst complying with health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Planning the manufacturing production of routine engineering components by the most economic manufacturing methods.
- Using common applied engineering calculations and materials selection in terms of types, common forms of supply, properties and methods of changing their properties.
Please note, the college training aspect of this apprenticeship will commence in September 2019. However, the employer may choose to hire you prior to this, to get you started with the business before formal training begins, providing you are aged 16 or over.
Mechanical engineers need to be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have problem-solving skills.
An enthusiasm for the engineering industry and a genuine interest in how things work.
Three GCSEs A*-D/9-3 including maths and English and a science or technology subject.
The potential for a permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
BERWIN Group Ltd is dedicated to technological leadership in the development and production of high-quality rubber compounds. Our approach involves the integration of materials, recipe, mixing, customer specifications and customer processes to arrive at high-quality solutions at the best cost.
Founded in 1953, Berwin Industrial Polymers Ltd’s produce a large range of compounds using highly automated and fully process controlled mixing lines, based on the latest technology for markets covering tyres, matting, conveyor belts and transportation.
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Engineering
- NVQ L2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills: English and Maths if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Closing Date: 25 February 2019
Key facts about an Apprenticeship:
- An apprentice must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Apprentices must meet our minimum entry requirements
There are 3 stages to the interview process.
You need to be successful in each area before moving on to the next stage.
Stage 1: Register interest on the vacancy matching service for apprenticeships
Stage 2: College Interview and Initial Assessment
Stage 3: Employer interview
To apply please click here and then click on the Apply Now button: https://www.glosjobs.co.uk/apprentice-jobs-in-lydney/apprentice-engineer-with-berwin-industrial-polymers-ltd-461212/
Closing date for applications: 25-02-2019
Salary: £159.90 – £171.60 per week
Hours Per Week: 39